this past saturday we waited in line to see yayoi kusama’s i who have arrived in heaven (see the videos below). and now my mind is seeing the world through technicolor lenses–talk about a mind explosion. i was so refreshed by her work that i felt a jolt of energy to get back to my blog.
it’s been 8 months since my last post, but these past 8 months have been full of big life changes for me. so here’s the cliff note version:
- in june we moved from manhattan to brooklyn, and let me tell ya–brooklyn is definitely where it’s at
- in august the startup i was working for merged , and i got my first real big-girl job as a digital strategist/designer in september
- traveled back and forth for work/wedding planning every month in between
- i married the love of my life in september–and married life is sweet
so i guess that really does explain how time has flown by. and while i contemplated throwing in the towel on the whole fashion blogging world, i’ve decided to just keep doing this for me. i don’t want to focus on what i’m wearing so much anymore, but instead i’m going to focus on what i’m doing, where i’m going, what inspires me and little sneak peeks into my new life in the city…so stay tuned!
[KGVID width="640" height="360"]http://www.ittybittybomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG_2759.mov[/KGVID]
[KGVID width="640" height="360"]http://www.ittybittybomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG_2757.mov[/KGVID]
[KGVID width="640" height="360"]http://www.ittybittybomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG_2819.mov[/KGVID]
Here’s a little snippet of what i do as a freelance assistant stylist. My fiancé did this video for a project and it came out pretty neat and briefly portrayed what i do behind the scenes when I’m on set. When the shoot is over, when all the models are gone, when the racks of clothes, glitzy jewelry and mountains of shoes are packed away–it can feel like i’m living in a blurry dream. But at the end of the day when it all sinks in–I’m finding my way in NYC, going after my dream while discovering something new everyday, and doing what I love most.
Brittany Arroyos from Doug Murray on Vimeo.
Just an update on my New York City livin’! And if you don’t already–be sure to follow me on instagram @ittybittybomb for more!
1. The cool building I get to spend my summer. Seventeen’s on the 17th floor–duh.
2. Surrounded by drool worthy clothes and accessories in the fashion closet. Now, only if it was my own closet!
3. Went on a cute boat tour with the girls from the winners of the Pretty Amazing contest. Isn’t lady liberty amazing?
4. One of the editors gave me the opportunity to cover the launch of Under Armour’s new shoe, Spine where I got to see Tom Brady, Lindsey Vonn, and Kemba Walker. Talk about being star struck!
5. My awesome supervisors assigned me to assist on my first photo shoot, which I was super pumped about. I couldn’t even sleep the night before–luckily the shoot was very chill and gave me a chance to see the models/crew/artists/stylist behind the scenes.
6-7. Indulging when we can. Talk about food coma.
8. My amazing nails–masterpiece created by Miss Pop (she is incredibly awesome BTW). Aren’t they so cool?!
9. The Seventeen fashion interns dancing in our favorite dresses for the October issue.
10. There really is nothing like watching the sun set over the Hudson River.
p.s. I hope you all are having a great week and enjoy popping some fireworks!! Woo!