ittybittybomb | style inspired by everything

people are strange

F21 dress, thrifted Dooney & Bourke bag, DIY necklace,

I’ve been feeling crafty lately so I’ve been collecting little pretty things and turning them into something new that I can use. For example, I found this little sun gold sun hat at a thrift store and it was actually an earring that was missing it’s pair. I decided to turn it into a necklace (yes, I mixed a silver chain with gold but who cares–work with what you have!)

For those who asked for photos of my new apartment, I decided to show a quick snapshot of my room (it looks more cute in person). If you haven’t noticed, blue is my favorite color. I actually didn’t realize it until now that I had a theme going on, blue is actually very calming. Everything in my room was under $30 ( individually and not including the tv). I love being thrifty because it really challenges your creativity and it’s so nice to make something completely your own–even if all it takes is a fresh coat of paint.

I also watched The Lost Boys last night, hence the title. Childhood favorite. I loved the Frog brothers. And the clothes …ahh so so great!
Have a beautiful and inspiring weekend!

By: TwitterButtons.com

37 Comments on people are strange

1. kate louise.
    April 2, 2011 at 12:52 pm (3412 days ago)

Yay Lost Boys is one of my fave films! <3

I've started to collect pretty things too. We get loads of broken jewellery handed in at work and after a few months, we're supposed to throw them out but I pull off all the cute charms and collect them. Hoping to make something pretty soon. :)

Adore the dress – you look lovely. x

2. Goesting
    April 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm (3412 days ago)

Very cute dress, bag and room! Maybe blue is my favorite color too. If I'm thinking about it, I have a lot of blue going on in my wardrobe/room.

3. Luchie
    April 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm (3412 days ago)

I love being a thrifter too :) and love your dress, so cute!

4. Fashionable Rose
    April 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm (3412 days ago)

i love it that you made the earring into a necklace!! so creative!!

the outfit is gorgeous as always!! i love the dress and the bag as well!!

ur room is so cool! :) xx and unique

5. color shows
    April 2, 2011 at 2:28 pm (3412 days ago)

I love the dress and the necklace! Your room is adorable too.

6. Victoria
    April 2, 2011 at 2:35 pm (3412 days ago)

I think I might have said this before (and if not I've thought it), but you're beautiful! And I really wish that I could make myself smile in photos and make it look as natural as you do. And I really love your style very much.

I really love the quilt on your bed and the bag is beautiful, very nice find :)

Have a nice day!

(Sorry to have been a little creepy with all the compliments, haha)

7. Photography by Tanja
    April 2, 2011 at 2:59 pm (3412 days ago)

Obsessed with this dress.
    also love your room. Soooo cute.

8. Lea
    April 2, 2011 at 3:23 pm (3411 days ago)

That is such a pretty dress. I'm surprised it's actually a decent lenth. hah. I feel like every time I try on one of their dresses or skirts, you can see my cheeks hanging out. There are always such pretty little things in thrift stores that just need some love. I can't believe someone put that on their ear… It's so large. haha.

- Lea

9. GoodFrameofMind
    April 2, 2011 at 3:30 pm (3411 days ago)

I adore that little dress, it looks like it would have been thrifted. Cute, cute bedroom!

10. Iulia Romana
    April 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm (3411 days ago)

You are looking so cute :) I adore your neclakce !

11. Lace n Coffee
    April 2, 2011 at 3:36 pm (3411 days ago)

Gorgeous dress, I love the polka dots with the roses.
    Your room does look very calming, I love the blue unit in the corner.

12. Dahl
    April 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm (3411 days ago)

What a lovely room! Can't believe everything individually was under $30, being thrifty is certainly fun (it's so empowering when you get a good bargain) and the result is amazing. I love the color blue too. Gorgeous dress! http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

13. gee
    April 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm (3411 days ago)

oh man..the lost boys is a classic. i watch it every halloween! :)
    i love the first picture..you are beautiful brittany.
    have a wonderful weekend love.
    happy april.
    xoox

14. rebecca
    April 2, 2011 at 4:45 pm (3411 days ago)

Gorgeous dress and I love your bag!

rebeccawithanR

15. ching
    April 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm (3411 days ago)

awwww i adore your room, it looks cozy. and i love that dress on you.

16. jamie
    April 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm (3411 days ago)

youre just way too cute! i love the dress dear! and omg i am obsessed with turning things into jewelry!! that is my main project right now for the Pay It Forward 2011 blog challenge :) i love what you did with the earring, so cute. you know what else you should do that i LOVE doing? use buttons! turn them into rings ;) they turn out soo cute and unique. what i did was went to the craft store and bought a big ol tub of buttons (and some individual ones which are a little pricier) and then i take a knife and carefully chopped off the loop thingy.. then what I do next is file it down to make it smooth, then glue gun it to a plain ring/band (also found at craft stores). lemme know what you think and show me if you try ;) muah!

17. Little Lo Hood
    April 2, 2011 at 6:26 pm (3411 days ago)

I found you through Flashes of Style, I love your style and very cute haircut! I'm officially following you and can't wait to continue to check in at your adorable blog :)

18. Meghan
    April 2, 2011 at 7:14 pm (3411 days ago)

cute room, and that's too funny you watched lost boys! A lot of it was filmed in my hometown ;)

19. Amaris
    April 2, 2011 at 7:27 pm (3411 days ago)

I love how you always find such amazing things at thrift stores. I can NEVER find anything I like!

20. elanor,
    April 2, 2011 at 10:04 pm (3411 days ago)

such a darling dress! i recently bought a f21 dress – i really love the styles they've got.

also, so jealous of your bag and that you thrifted it!

X

21. Green Tea and Cupcakes
    April 3, 2011 at 12:20 am (3411 days ago)

What a gorgeous dress and your room is gorgeous I am jealous.

22. Nettie
    April 3, 2011 at 12:37 am (3411 days ago)

Your dress is gorgeous!

23. SMASH
    April 3, 2011 at 6:22 am (3411 days ago)

Hey lady–I like that polka dot number on you and your crafty jewelry ways! Also that DB is a dream, I have the bigger version but it doesnt have a strap to it so I never use it :/

xo, Ashley MILK TEETHS

24. Nnenna
    April 3, 2011 at 6:38 am (3411 days ago)

The sun hat charm is so pretty- what a great idea to turn it into a necklace! :) Also, your room looks great and I love the blue!

star-crossed smile

25. Meg!
    April 4, 2011 at 3:23 am (3410 days ago)

I love your room, it looks so pretty and personalized! It makes me want to put more effort into my room — it's shared with my boyfriend, and he puts no effort into making things look nice, which means it's all up to me — and I'm just so lazy.

I'm also really loving your dress and that thrifted bag, so cute. <3

26. ediot
    April 4, 2011 at 5:19 pm (3409 days ago)

absolutely LOVE that dress you've got there. i want it so bad..
    and your blog is so cute.
    xx

27. Bridget Fossedal
    April 4, 2011 at 6:10 pm (3409 days ago)

Just stumbled upon your blog, and seriously, it's pure love! I am ABSOLUTELY following : ] please peruse mine too & we can follow one another if you fancy, dear.

Cheers!

28. Jennyboo
    April 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm (3409 days ago)

Beautiful! I can't believe that dress is from F21. I thought it was vintage for sure. I love how you styled the outfit, especially with the Dooney and Bourke bag. xoxo

29. Jerrica
    April 4, 2011 at 9:57 pm (3409 days ago)

I like your bag and yor room is just adorable.

dearest,
    Fashion Nostalgia

30. Alex
    April 5, 2011 at 1:04 am (3409 days ago)

Your room is really awesome :) Love the blue… God, you should see mine. It's a clash of colors! Scary stuff. Anyway, I love your dress and the purse! And I never ever get tired of saying how pretty I think you are! Actually, you look like a girl that's in my classes! So now every time I look at her I imagine it's you!

31. islabell
    April 5, 2011 at 4:11 am (3409 days ago)

the most amazing thrifted dooney and bourke bag! that colour!
    Also that is the sweetest dress. Ive been noticing lots of people wearing awesome forever 21 things. i have to get down to a store.
    x

32. The Soul Anchor
    April 5, 2011 at 12:35 pm (3409 days ago)

What a lovely dress! The cut and color of it have that beautiful 1940's feel to it. And the D&B bag is great — I love them so much!

33. Nikki
    April 5, 2011 at 5:28 pm (3408 days ago)

ooh, I love your dress :) the detailing is so lovely! and the necklace you made is beautiful too! x

34. U U N A
    April 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm (3408 days ago)

Love your dress but oh, that night stand! Adore (:

35. Lisa
    April 6, 2011 at 3:53 am (3408 days ago)

i love the dress!

xoxo,
    lisa

36. Julie Almanza
    August 7, 2011 at 1:02 am (3285 days ago)

Too cute!!